If you’re anything like me, it always feels like there aren’t enough hours in the day. I always seem to have loads of bits and bobs that need doing but I end up putting them off until I’ve got a day off or a few hours free and then I tackle them all at once. The drawback to this though is that I then resent missing out on time off because I’m doing piddly little things and I could be doing much better stuff like going for a walk with my camera or catching up on my fave tv shows.
🧠 It’s all about your mindset
Lately, I’ve shifted my way of thinking and I now try to make the most of any small windows of time I have. This means I can get loads more done and in a gradual way. Hello to days off for Kerry.
If this is something that resonates with you, start thinking about what little tasks and jobs you could get done in those small windows of time. Honestly, once you start, it becomes addictive and you start actively going through your to-do list several times a day to see what you can get ticked off.
⏱ 10-minute task ideas
If you need some ideas to get you started, here are some of those 10-minute tasks you could get done:
- reply to text messages
- pay a bill
- put on a load of laundry
- tidy away items lying around
- wash the dishes
- clean the kitchen surfaces
- clean out your purse
- clean your computer/laptop keyboard & monitor
- clean your mobile phone
- pumice your feet and massage in some cream (gotta get those trotters ready for summer!)
- lay out your clothes for the next day
- change your bedding
- book any outstanding appointments such as doctor, dentist, optician appointments
- delete old text messages off your phone
- delete apps you haven’t used in the last month off your phone
- clean out a drawer
- clean and organise the fridge
- clean all the mirrors in your house
- workout. Even 5 minutes of some squats, plank, sit-ups, jumping jacks, etc can be beneficial
- start a bucket list
- fold and put away laundry
- water your plants
- prep dinner. Peel veggies or get out all of your ingredients and equipment
- reply to emails
Off you go then, no excuse to not get some of these done regardless of how busy you are!