Last modified: 15.04.21
kerry-taylor.com respects your privacy and I am committed to protecting it.
This policy describes the kinds of information I may collect from you or that you may provide to me when you visit my website and my practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies when I am in control of how data is collected, stored, and processed. (When I am the data controller.) Including information I collect:
- on my website kerry-taylor.com
- in e-mail or other electronic messages between you and my website
- via my email marketing service provider Convertkit
It does not apply to information collected by:
- me offline or through any other means
- any third party, including through any application or content that may be linked to or be accessible from my website
Please read this policy carefully to understand my policies and practices regarding your information and how I will treat it.
My website incorporates privacy controls affecting how I process your personal data. You can opt-out of my email newsletter, request your personal information, request to update and change your personal information or request to delete your personal information. If you wish to opt-out of my email newsletter, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email I send. You may also make any of these requests by emailing email@example.com
WHAT INFORMATION I COLLECT AND HOW I USE IT
I collect several types of information about you, including information that:
- identifies you personally, such as name, e-mail address, or opens or clicks within email newsletters
- is about you but cannot be used to identify you, such as purchases made via an affiliate link
- is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access my website, and how you use my website
As you navigate through and interact with my website, I may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you including:
- how you interact with my website, including what pages you visited, when you last logged into your account, and if you open or click on my email newsletters
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, location, operating system and browser type
I collect this information via Google Analytics and Convertkit using cookies, and web beacons. And this information helps me to improve my website and to deliver a better and more personalised service, including by enabling me to:
- estimate my audience size
- understand how my audience uses my website
- store information about your preferences, allowing me to customise my website according to your individual interests
- speed up your searches
- recognise you when you return to my website
- the technologies I use for this automatic data collection may include:
- web beacons. Pages of my website and my e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit me to count users who have visited pages, opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain websites content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on my website.
The usage information I collect is used to monitor and improve my website and services.
[GDPR Basis: Legitimate Interest]
When you create an account on my website, you voluntarily provide me your name and email address. I collect this information via Convertkit in order to deliver you the products you requested. [GDPR Basis: Contract]
When you fill in a contact form or an application, you voluntarily provide me your name, contact information, and other information. I will process this information according to the instructions you provide. [GDPR Basis: Consent]
When you make a purchase through my website, you voluntarily provide me your name, email address, postal address, and credit/debit card information.
I collect this information via PayPal. This information is used to supply you with the product purchased and keep accurate records of your transaction. [GDPR Basis: Contract]
Email Newsletter or Opt-in Information
When you sign up to receive a free gift via email, free email class, or for my email newsletter list containing tips and updates for your wellbeing, you voluntarily provide me your name and email address. I will process this information per your request to provide you the relevant information and newsletters. Additionally, when you interact with my emails, Convertkit will track which emails you open and any links you click. From time to time, these clicks will be tracked to identify what resources and products are most relevant to your life and wellbeing. I do this so that I can only send you the most relevant information to your inbox. [GDPR Basis: Consent]
I may process any personal information I have on you when required by court order, legal obligation, court proceeding. [GDPR Basis: Legitimate Basis]
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
I may disclose aggregated information about my website visitors (information that is not identifiable to you) without restriction.
I do not sell, rent, or share my email list containing your personal information to third parties.
However, I may disclose information that can be directly tied to you to:
- contractors, service providers and other third parties that I reasonably use to support my business
- fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- fulfill any other purpose disclosed by me when you provide the information
- process your payment, including refunds, complaints, queries with Paypal only to the degree necessary
I may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- to enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- if I believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of me, my customers or others. For example, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW I USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
I strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to me. I have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from me. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by me to promote my own or third parties products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email I send or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to me as a result of a product purchase or transaction.
RETAINING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
I will keep your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose you gave it to me.
DATA SECURITY AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
My office is based in France, and my hosting facilities and service providers are based in the United States of America.
I have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure both during transfer and storage.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of my website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. I ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I do my best to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to my website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. I am not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
My website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to my website. I do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information to my website or provide any information about yourself to me, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any user name you may use.
If I learn I have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, I will delete that information. If you believe I might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact me at email@example.com.
YOUR EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY RIGHTS
The EU General Data Protection Regulation permits users of my website that are European Union residents certain rights. Your rights include:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
To access a copy of your data, correct it, restrict how it is used, or erase it please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
If you believe that my processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for me to process your data, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com .
I may update this policy from time to time by updating the version on this page. You should check this page occasionally to identify any updates. The last update date appears at the top of this page.
This website is owned and operated by: Kerry Taylor
My mailing address is: La Gilardie, 6 Rue des Hirondelles, 16310, Le Lindois, France.